Teksign was established in 1946 as Technical Plastics. Originally, it manufactured small plastic kitchen household items. By 1948, Tek began building backlit signage. During the 1950's, Tek built signs for many of the early petroleum companies and in 1976, expanded its sales North American wide. For seven decades, Teksign has supplied signage for many well-known brands in automotive, financial, hospitality, general retail and petroleum sectors. In 2010, Teksign moved to Brantford and continues to strive to achieve excellence in the sign industry.